San José Costa Rica. “When the lockdown will end and flights along with our dental practice in Costa Rica reopen to Dental Travels, our patients must be able to come here to our country and have their dental treatment safely because in Costa Rica we have responded most appropriately to the Covid-19 emergency, and visit the dentist serenely, without worrying about possible contagions from Coronavirus, with even better performance than in the past, less environmental impact but we need to keep altered prices as little as possible“.
Coronavirus should be considered worrying not only for patients but also for dentists and their employees, who work in the mouth of patients with the greatest danger, that is, saliva, the vehicle that has infected and reaped victims for months.
For this reason, in the last months, Dr. Freer has been in turmoil to find new solutions aimed at protecting patients, staff in the studios, and dentists themselves.
“Now all the energies are aimed at finding solutions at protecting health and we are satisfied because the crisis has stimulated creativity and cohesion among us. There is a new understanding and the moments of confrontation have multiplied to further raise the level of attention towards the patient, who must always feel safe and secure, and in the process receive the best quality treatment” is the comment of Dr. Alejandro Freer.
“Each of us – Dr. Freer continues – is working hard to bring ideas and solve a situation that could have dramatic consequences for dental care. But thanks to this great common commitment, we are avoiding the risk of price increases, which will be altered as little as possible, while ensuring the high quality of performance.
I just think that for normal operation, in our environment which was characterized by maximum hygiene and sterility before, we now assume that you will have to wear a headcover, double gloves, double mask, shoe covers, and disposable gowns.”
We do not rule out that in the near future there may be rapid tests for Sars-CoV-2 so reliable that they can submit the person to the examination a quarter of an hour before entering the dental office.
Last but not least, an increase in hygiene standards, including the OZONE ventilation of dental rooms for each patient and a waiting room that does not contain objects such as magazines and brochures, which could become a vehicle of contamination.
1. All study staff must always wear PPE (double pair of gloves, non-woven headgear, suitable mask – the type of mask to be used varies according to the patient to be treated, the type of performance, and the health status of patients) as well disposable socks and TNT shirts.
2. Before putting on disposable gloves, we wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with specific soaps and/or hydroalcoholic or chlorine-based gels.
4. The use of tools also will vary. We avoid the airflow, which produces a very strong aerosol. Since 2017 instead of the turbine, we use the electronic handpiece drill to limit aerosol.
5. We subject the customers to the rapid serological test, which involves a small puncture with a needle in order to detect the health status of patients before surgery.
6. We have added more information to the classic anamnesis sheet to fill in, one annexed to sign when in contact with coronavirus positive people or any other particular symptoms.
7. An increase in hygiene standards, including the OZONE (O3 )ventilation of dental rooms for each patient and a waiting room that does not contain objects such as magazines and brochures, which could become a vehicle of contamination. For this purpose, we have installed OZONE technology for Air and Water in the Freer’s Clinic. The use of ozone has been recognized as a natural alternative to traditional chemical disinfection and sanitization processes. Since 26 June 2001, ozone also boasts the recognition of the FDA (Food & Drug Administration), which validates and certifies its use.
All medical clinics, especially dental clinics, face contamination problems due to the flow of patients and companions, not always in excellent health.
Ozone has shown greater efficacy than other sterilizers, as it is able to break down as many as 166 between viruses and bacteria, such as – Salmonella, – Escherichia Coli, and – Legionella and – Suggested Treatment for COPD, – Pulmonary Hypertension, – Asthma, – Allergic Rhinitis, Degenerative Diseases, and Intestinal Dysbiosis.
Medical reports on the effective use of ozone in the treatment of various diseases have shown that this gas has several beneficial effects. Thanks to its oxidation capacity, ozone kills bacteria attacking protective membranes. Ozone is also able to penetrate the internal structures of Coronaviruses, preventing replication.
Here below there are the benefits of the Ozone System installed in our clinic:
Information brought to you by Massimo – Write me with your Panoramic X-Rays view for a free specialist diagnosis by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org